As the experience of computers varies greatly among teaching staff URKUND is developed specifically to be a very user friendly system that most people can use without prior knowledge and over time almost all will be up and running. In order to expedite this natural process, we offer the webinar - Getting Started with URKUND, where we go through the system in theory and in practice. After completion of the webinar, all participating teachers will know how easy our system is to use as an addition to the normal document submission procedure, and any previously perceived steep user threshold is significantly reduced.
• How can URKUND be of assistance?
• The underlying functionality of URKUND
• Two of the URKUND user interfaces; the report package and the analysis (overall functionality)
When URKUND has been in use in the organization for some time, there may be a need to learn a little more about the opportunities it offers. Through the URKUND Webinar - Become an expert on URKUND the organization will maximize the benefits of the service and the users are given additional tools to work even more effectively.
• We go through URKUND different user interfaces; the web-based inbox, the URKUND analysis (deeper functionality and interpretation of results) and what opportunities there are for students to manage their documents.
• If there is an integration between URKUND and the organization’s learning management system we adjust the webinar to take this into account when possible.
The webinar is performed using the digital conference platform GotoMeeting and further details are communicated when placing an order.
“We’ve definitely noticed an increasing incidence of plagiarism since URKUND was introduced, and previously there was of course a high level of undetected incidence. It was far too time consuming for the teaching staff to carry out their own plagiarism checks. The automation has led to a bigger haul of perpetrators,” says Joshua Kragh Bruhn, Information specialist at CBS.
“The preventive objective of plagiarism detection is highly significant. When the students become aware of URKUND they are less inclined to seek shortcuts. Trying to cheat the system is ultimately more resource intensive than doing a good job from the start,” says Arshad Hussanee, Learn Online Manager på University of Canberra.
View a sample report of the URKUND analysis.